Scripture of the Month
" And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."
Many times we as believers talk about daily devotions. Usually we mean our prayer or bible reading each day. We see in Luke 9:23 what the Lord Jesus teaches us about following him. We are geared in our life to look at big milestones for measuring success but I believe the real indicator for victory is found daily.
1) The Possibility ("If any man will..." We must exercise our will toward him.)
2) The Pathway ("come after me..." His is the only pathway to victory.)
3) The Problem ("let him deny himself..." This is our responsibility. Not easy!)
4) The Pain ("and take up his cross..." The victorious life is burdensome.)
5) The Persistence ("daily, and follow me." The key is to do this DAILY.)
Pastor Scott Dotson
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out our website! We are an Independent Baptist church located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Please, take your time and check out what's going on here at Little Ivy! We would love to have you and your family come visit us! Soul-stirring singing and preaching that is sure to encourage you in your daily walk with Christ! We hope to see you soon!
Come to encourage our young people!! We will hear music from the Little Ivy Youth Choir and special singing then we will hear a challenging message from the men of God that bring the message each month. After service we always enjoy a good time of food and fellowship with the young people. If you are looking for a meeting to encourage and challenge your youth, come check it out!
September 25th will be our next one. Pastor Lee Davis from Georgetown Baptist Church in Leicester, N.C. will be preaching.